Monday, October 08, 2007

Fall in Yosemite

I am off tomorrow morning with my bro Brad 'Bubba' White en route to Yosemite California, the land of big granite, big tourists, and overfed wildlife. First stop is Bend, Oregon to drop by the Metolius factory and pick up a portaledge and other big wall goodies. Maybe we'll even get a few pitches in at Smith in the afternoon, too.


The Captain.. the ground zero of North American freeclimbing right now.

The big objective of the trip is the Golden Gate freeroute on the SE Face of El Cap. I've been dreaming about this line ever since it was first established by the Huber brothers in '01. It's a big freaking route and I am pretty sure I am going to get my ass handed to me, but it is just fun to play around up there without all the gack and gear required for a standard aid ascent.

There is going to be a terrific crew sending in the Valley this year.. I can hardly wait to get down there!

No comments: