Thursday, December 09, 2010

Ice Videos

Paul McSorley loving the sweet first pitch of the Replicant. Paul, a former Bow Valley resident now 'living in flip-flops' on the coast, can still send the pillars with a furious vengeance.
Pablo in sweet dangler country on pitch number two.
At lunch, the squished pizza from your pack looks weird.

I stole the video footage from Paul's camera and roughly cut it together. It's raw, unedited footy of the Replicant, one of the Bow Valley's finest cascades:


Replicant from Jason Kruk on Vimeo.

I went to a dinner party the other night where everyone had to bring a five minute slide show about, well, anything. A bunch of my friends had been on exotic sport climbing trips to warm locals recently, so we got a taste of climbing in places like Greece, and the deep south USA. I decided to make something about a day of climbing I did with my friend Tim two days prior. We decided to check out the winter climbing potential on the Green River Bastion, a granite cliff near Pemberton. We had a great day out, the ice wasn't climbable in places, forcing old-school scrappy mixed climbing - a favourite technique of mine.

Tim Emmett below Blue Moon on Rye.
I was really busy teaching leading up to the party, so I was only able to hastily edit something together right before. Here it is:


'Aving it.... With Tim Emmett from Jason Kruk on Vimeo.

No comments: